When you brush your teeth, pay attention to the following
- A toothbrush with hard bristles and wrong brushing technique leads to abrasion and to receding gums. Use a soft toothbrush with rounded bristles to prevent gum damage.
- New toothbrushes remove film more effectively, so replace your toothbrush at least in every three months, as dentists recommend. It may be necessary to change it earlier if the bristles became worn out, frayed.
- If you experience cervical hypersensitivity, use special toothpaste with the label ’sensitive’ that has a special agent that helps to plug dentine tubules. Filling up these canals with this special agent helps to block the way of the pain, so it does not get into the inside of the teeth, and the teeth become less sensitive.
- Toothpastes with antibacterial agent help prevent multiplication of bacteria in the plaque, and reduce the chances of caries and gingivitis.
- If you grind your teeth at night or clench the jaw, or have other occlusal disorder, ask your dentist for help because you may need an occlusal appliance. With the help of it the harmful pressure on the teeth can be reduced.
- If your teeth are extremely sensitive, the usage of additional dental cream (available at your dentistry) or dental lacquer (applied by dentist) may be necessary.
- Aesthetic dental neck filling is only recommended in case of an extreme condition that cannot be treated otherwise, or in case of a severe lack of aesthetic function.
- Even if surprising, you should not wash your teeth after the consumption of acidy food and drinks, but instead drink mineral water or chew on gums, to improve saliva production.